Sometimes you just need to reboot. Here's how to get the app back on track if you cannot access your club page, or are not seeing all of your books, etc.
iPhone 6 & earlier or iPads (i.e. Devices *with* Home Buttons):
Quit the app, clear the cache, Re-download the App
1. Quit the app (did that work for you? It might):
Tap the home button 2x, and then when the app window minimizes, swipe it up. Then open the app again. Try opening the app.
If that does not work, then...delete the app (tap & hold the app icon till it wiggles, tap the x.)
2. Clear the Cache:
Press the home button and the power button *at the same time* until the phone powers off. It may come on again automatically or you may have to press the power button to turn it on again.
3. Go to the app store and download the book club app again. Login.
iPhone 7,8,10 & new iPad Pro (i.e. Devices without Home Buttons):
Delete app from Settings, Power Down, Re-download App
- Tap Settings>General>iPhone storage.
- At the bottom of the screen, Find the Book Club app (labelled Book Club or BookMovement)
- Tap delete app
- Restart your phone: Hold down the power button until the "slide to power off" appears. If you've got an X-series iPhone you'll need to hold down both power and volume up until the slider appears. Swipe the power off slider. Wait until device has fully powered down, then press and hold the power button to power up again. (FYI: restarting an iPhone occasionally is a good way to clear the memory and ensure that important apps have enough to run happily.)
- Go to the app store and download the book club app again. Login.
This should resolve your data issues. If not, please email us & we'll investigate. Here's how to send us the exact info we need:
No Dice? Send Us a Crash Report:
Go to Settings>Privacy>Analytics (at bottom)>Analytics Data
Scroll down until you find BookMovement. Tap on the most recent one. Tap the share icon, then email it to: email@example.com